Singapore chilli king prawns
- 500ml vegetable oil
- 3 large banana shallots, thinly sliced
- 500g king prawns, peeled to tail
- 6 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 red chillies, finely chopped
- 50ml water
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat 400ml of the oil in a pan until hot (160C if you have a thermometer), add shallots and fry until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to a wok. Add the prawns and fry for 3 mins, adding the ginger, garlic and chillies after 1 min
- cooking. After the 3 mins, add the water, soy sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Cook out for a further minute until the sauce is reduced then add the spring onions.
- To serve, spoon the prawns onto plates and sprinkle with the crispy shallots.