Sea bream with Jersey Royal potatoes, asparagus and garlic aioli
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 400ml rapeseed oil
- 1 bulb garlic
- 500g Jersey royal potatoes
- 300g asparagus
- 4 fillets of sea bream, scaled and pin-boned
- 2 knobs butter
- Maldon sea salt
- For the garlic aioli Put the egg yolks, mustard and lemon juice into a bowl and whisk together for 1 min.
- Slowly add 300ml of the rapeseed oil drop by drop to begin with, then in a steady stream whisking constantly until the mixture emulsifies and thickens.
- Peel half a bulb of garlic and chop finely.
- Alternatively, you can blend the garlic in a blender with a touch of oil until smooth.
- Add the garlic into the mayonnaise mix and store in fridge until needed.
- Jersey Royals Scrub any dirt off and cook in salted water for about 20 mins until soft.
- Drain and keep warm.
- For the asparagus: Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Trim the asparagus and peel the lower end of the stems, then blanch for 2 mins.
- Drain the asparagus and place in ice water to cool.
- For the sea bream: Place a frying pan over a high heat and add a little oil once hot.
- Season the fish and place skin side down in the frying pan.
- Cook for ⅔ mins then turn when skin is crisp and golden.
- To finish, add a knob of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Reheat the potatoes in a pan with a touch of water and a knob of butter and then add the asparagus and season.
- To serve place the potatoes and asparagus on a plate and then add the sea bream on top with a few dollops of the mayonnaise.